Alonso sends big critiques against FIA after the race

Author: @dazn

Fernando Alonso did not hold his tongue after the Formula 1 United States GP and, on the DAZN microphone, he left a series of very clear messages about the lack of a unified criterion in the FIA

Fernando Alonso exploded after the Formula 1 United States GP. The Spanish driver suffered from the lack of a common criterion in the FIA ​​to resolve controversial situations in the races, and the Asturian was involved in three that were resolved unevenly.

On the DAZN microphone, the Alpine pilot explained to Noemí de Miguel what happened on the American track and how he experienced the controversial overtaking of Kimi Raikkonen, who surpassed the Spanish using the speed obtained off the track in an action that was it was left without consequences despite Fernando's protests.

Later, he traced the action by overtaking the other Alfa Romeo, Antonio Giovinazzi's. However, on that occasion race direction did act and forced the Spanish to return the position to the Italian. Shortly after, it was Giovinazzi who overtook Alonso off the track and, again, the FIA ​​made the Alfa Romeo one pass the Alpine.

"You don't need to clarify anything for me. Unfortunately, we came to America to put on a good show to open Formula 1 to this country and, unfortunately, I think we have done a little..., we have not given a good image. Kimi passed me on the outside at Turn 1."

"I passed Giovinazzi outside and I had to return the position, of course. Giovinazzi passed me outside in the last advance I made, and he had to return the position to me, of course. Three exactly the same incidents, two were of one way and one another, and of course, I lost 10 seconds and, with those 10 seconds, I would have made P9 easy ".

In addition, Fernando Alonso also looked back and recalled that, in the first corner, a multitude of cars went off the track and brought up their movement at the start of the Russian GP, when it was he who left for out of. At the press conference of the next GP, the one in Turkey, Alonso was questioned about why he left on the outside. For this reason, the Spanish also dared to predict that he will pass in the Mexican GP. 

"In the first lap we also saw that the exit of the curve ... There are no longer the problems of Sochi. Or I suppose that in Mexico they will ask everyone what happened in the first corner, why did they all go outside, because I did it in Sochi and there was a drama in Turkey, so I suppose in Mexico there will be many questions to who did it this time."

Finally, the Alpine driver explained why he could not finish the race, a problem derived from the broken rear wing that forced the Spaniard to retire early.

"The rear wing broke, he kept looking up. I almost spun in the fast corner, before going into the pits. I looked in the rearview mirror and saw that the wing was broken. Fortunately I was able to get to the pit, if it did happen in the first sector would have been a bit more dangerous with the fast corners. So we had to retire, a shame. "

"We would have been in the fight for the points, I think. Now that Raikkonen spun, he would have allowed maybe P10. We'll try next time." 

Entradas populares de este blog

First details of Alonso's Alpine for 2022

Alpine's plan: 35 HP to match Mercedes in 2022

COMUNICADO